Skin care routine
Skin care routine
- Skin care is all about prevention, protection and repairing the damage caused. The morning routine is about prevention and protection while the evening skincare routine is about repairing the damage caused during the day.
- The basic routine depends on the needs and time you have. It includes cleansing, moisturising and protecting.
Understand Your Skin Type and Build a Basic Skincare Routine
The basic skin care routine helps to keep your skin clean and healthy, without exaggerated process and understanding your skin type is important for building an effective skincare routine.
Identify your skin type:
- Normal skin: This skin type is well balanced. Its neither too oily nor too dry and with small pores.
- Dry skin: It feels tight, rough and may appear dull or flaky. It may be prone to fine lines and wrinkles.
- Oily skin: Oily skin is characterised by excess sebum production, shiny complexion enlarged pores and tendency for acne.
- Combinational skin: It features a mix of oily and dry skin. Oily in the T zone - forehead, nose and chin. Dry on the cheeks.
Basic skin care routine:
Though there exists a longer procedure of skincare regime, the basic skincare involves cleansing, toning, moisturising and sun protection. The basic skin care process itself can give you better glowy and healthy skin.
- Cleanser: Use a gentle cleanser for your skin type, to remove dirt, oil and impurities from your skin. It should be done twice a day.
- Toner: Use a toner after cleansing to remove any remaining traces of dirt, oil or makeup. It balances the skin’s pH level. Toner helps to tighten pores and prepare the skin for better absorption of moisturisers
- Moisturising: Apply moisturiser suitable for skin type, to hydrate and nourish your skin. It helps to maintain the skin’s natural moisture barrier and keeps it soft and smooth.
- Protection: Apply sunscreen with the high SPF to protect your skin from the harmful effect of the sun’s UV rays. Sunscreen should be applied every day to prevent sunburn, premature ageing and skin cancer.
- Exfoliate: Exfoliation helps to remove dead skin cells, unclog pores and leaves your skin looking brighter and smoother. Excessive exfoliation can irritate the skin and cause damage.
While exfoliating and other treatment products are optional, it can be used once in a while.
In case of specific skin concern such as acne, pigmentation or ageing, you may choose to add other treatment products such as serums or spot treatment to your skincare routine. These contain active ingredients like retinol and vitamin C which helps to improve the appearance of your skin. Adjust your skincare routine as needed based on changes in your skin type, concerns and environmental factors.
Inria offers you a range of products for your basic skincare regime.
For Inria products: Click here
Tips for Consistency and Better Results for Your Skin
In a world of instant relief being patient and consistent has really become a challenge. We expect results overnight and however that doesn’t happen. It can be applied to any field including skincare.
Skincare is similar to brushing your teeth. Consistency and patience play a major role in skin care.
Here are some tips to keep up your consistency and to have a better skin:
- Establish a routine: Set up a routine that works for you and stick to it.
- Keep it simple: Sticking to simple routine with few products makes it easy to stay consistent.
- Focus on the essentials: Cleanser, moisturiser and sun screen make the perfect essentials. If you want, introduce one or two products for your specific concerns.
- Set a reminder: In the buzzing world, we tend to forget things especially taking care of ourselves. Have a sticky note on your mirror or an alarm on your phone to remind you of your skin care. You can keep them on display so you tend to use them when you look at them.
- Track your progress: Click your before and after pictures to keep you on your track. This will keep you motivated and your skincare turns to a habit.
With patience and consistency, you can achieve better results and maintain healthy and glowing skin over time.
Hygienic Habits for Clear and Healthy Skin
- Cleanse your skin regularly what’s your face twice a day.
- Use a gentle cleanser avoid harsh scrubbing.
- Always remove makeup before going to bed choose a gentle makeup remover ensure your skin is clean and free of makeup.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Avoid touching your face has hands can transfer bacteria oil and other impurities to your skin.
- Use clean towels and pillow cases.
- Practise proper skin care storage.
- Cleanse after sweating.
- Stay hydrated.
- Seek professional help when needed
Common Skincare Mistakes to Avoid
Avoiding common skincare mistakes can help you maintain healthy radiant skin.
- Over cleansing:
- Skipping sunscreen: It is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. UV exposure can cause ageing, sunburn and risk of skin cancer. Apply a sunscreen everyday with minimum 30 SPF.
- Picking at your skin: Picking, squeezing or popping pimples can lead to scar, infection and breakouts.
- Ignoring your neck: Your neck is often neglected in skin care routine but they can show signs of ageing just as much as your face. Skin care is it recommended to your neck as well as chest to keep them looking youthful.
- Not drinking enough water: Hydration is the key to healthy skin. Not drinking water can leave your skin looking dull and dehydrated. 8 glasses of water per day is recommended to keep your skin hydrated.
- Stress and poor lifestyle choices: Stress, lack of sleep and unhealthy diet can cause harm on your skin. Practise stress management, prioritise sleep and have a balanced diet, rich in fruits and vegetables to support healthy skin from the inside out.
- Make up products: Using too many products at once can irritate your skin. Stick to a simple routine. Introducing new skin care products without patch test can lead to irritation. Patch test a small part of skin to check for any negative reactions.
Importance of Sun Protection and Hydration
Sun protection and hydration are important aspects of skin care that contribute to healthy and glowy appearance of your skin.
- Sun protection helps to protect your skin from the damaging effects of UV rays and helps your skin in looking youthful. It prevents premature ageing.
- Sunscreen helps to minimise your risk of developing skin cancer by shielding your skin from harmful UV rays.
- It also helps to prevent sunburn while blocking UV rays from preventing your skin.
- Prolonged sun exposure can you lead to uneven
- Sunscreen helps to maintain and even skin tone by protecting your skin.
- Get maintains skin moisture proper hydration helps your skin in keeping it soft and smooth.
- It reduces the risk of dryness and irritation.
- Hydration is essential to maintain your skin’s barrier It acts as a shield against environmental pollutant and pathogens.
- Well hydrated skin is more elastic which helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- It’s helps in production of collagen and elastin which contributes to skin firmness and elasticity.
- Proper hydration helps your skin to a better tone and texture, giving it a healthy and radiant glow.
- It plays a critical role in the skin’s natural healing and repair process. Moisturised skin heals more quickly.
1. What should I do if my skin reacts negatively to a new product?
When your skin reacts negatively, gently cleanse your skin and apply a soothing agent. If necessary, use cold compress. Avoid other active ingredients until your skin is healed. Monitor your skin and consult a dermatologist if it persists. Patch test your next products.
2. How often should I use toner on my face?
Use toner after cleansing. You can use it twice a day. If your skin dries up easily, you could minimise it to once a day or on alternative days.