How To Spot and Take Care of Normal Skin
How To Spot and Take Care of Normal Skin
A person is considered healthy only when they are both physically and mentally healthy. Skin, being the largest organ isn’t afraid of revealing our inner and outer well being. Determine if your skin type is normal to take better care of your skin. If a question like How to identify normal skin type? arises, make sure to read this to know more about normal skin type.
What is normal skin?
The normal skin type is generally considered to be healthy and balanced. It’s neither too dry nor too oily. It has a good balance of moisture. Normal skin texture is usually smooth and even. Skin pores are fine to medium in size. It often shows a youthful appearance with a healthy glow
How do I know if I have normal skin?
Knowing your skin type is very important to choose your correct skin care. Normal skin is generally balanced and is not too oily or too dry. It does not experience excessive sensitivity.
Given below are a few methods to find if you have a normal skin type:
- Observe your skin throughout the day.
- Cleanse your face and don’t apply any moisturiser or any products.
- Note how your skin feels at noon. Does it feel too oily or too dry?
- Note it again in the evening. Is it still the same or have any extreme changes?
Check for characteristics like texture, pores, oiliness, and sensitivity.
- Texture - smooth and even
- Pores - not too large or not too small
- Oiliness - not too oily or not too dry
- Sensitivity - usually not overly sensitive
Normal skin is more often seen in younger people. It can persist into older age as well. Consider your age when you do your skin type test. Skin type can also change due to many other factors like climate, hormones, and lifestyle.
Best skincare routine for normal skin:
If your question is “I have a normal skin type, do I have to do skin care?” The answer is “Yes”.
Having a normal skin doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have any skin care.
A routine for normal skin aims to maintain its natural balance and enhance skin health.
For a normal skin type, it can be challenging to know the skin care routine. It’s best to start with basics of cleansing, moisturising and sun protection.
- Cleanse with mild cleanser twice a day.
- Moisturise your skin twice. Use moisturiser after cleansing.
- Independent of skin type, sun protector is mandatory to keep your skin safe.
Apart from the basic skincare routine, additional steps can be added to your skin care routine.
- Mild, non-alcoholic toner helps in balancing the pH of the skin. This makes your skin ready for further steps after cleansing.
- Moisturising is essential to maintain hydration of the skin. Apply it morning and night.
- Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen. Atleast of SPF 30 every morning even if it’s a cloudy day.
- Normal skin may benefit from gentle Use a gentle exfoliator 1-2 times a week to remove the dead skin cells.
- If you have a specific concern like hyper pigmentation, fine lines, wrinkles, you can add on a serum into your routine.
- If the skin around eyes bothers you, you may choose to add an eye cream to your routine. Choose the cream for your specific concern like fine lines, puffiness or dark circles.
- Depending on your skincare, you may occasionally include treatments like masks or overnight treatments.
Introduce new skin products gradually to ensure your skin doesn’t react negatively and pay attention to how your skin responds over time. Use naturally produced skin care products for a no-negative reaction of the skin.
Natural skincare tips for normal skin:
Natural skin care for normal skin is very much beneficial as they include more environment friendly options.
- Aloe vera, chamomile and green tea can soothe the skin while cleansing it effectively.
- Use natural oils as moisturiser. Oils like jojoba oil, almond oil, olive oil are some examples of oils which can hydrate skin without any breakouts.
- Using ingredients like honey, yogurt, oatmeal as facemasks can provide nourishments and hydration for normal skin.
- Proper hydration and sleep, helps the skin supple and overall function of the skin.
- Use natural Mineral based ingredients like zinc oxide, titanium dioxide are considered to be natural sunscreen.
- Green tea is used as a natural toner. It has anti- oxidant properties which can benefit the skin.
- Exfoliate skin using ingredients like sugar, coffee ground, oatmeal ground, etc. Exfoliation helps in glowing skin.
- Consume diet rich in fruits and vegetables. Nutrient rich food contributes to healthy skin from inside out.
- Last but not the least – Sleep. Ensure your sleep cycle is proper as it plays a major role in over-all skin health.
The ingredients used in Inria products, are all natural ingredients ranging from roots, flowers, fruits, leaves and seeds.
Inria believes, ”If it is not your locally available natural ingredient, think twice before using it on you”
With the best natural products from Inria, make your skin healthy and glowing. Remember, consistency is the key when it comes to skin care. Healthy skin cannot be achieved over night. Take your longer journey with Inria for a happy and healthy skin.